Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Moving and Expanding

So, I’m sitting at my desk around 11:25 this morning. All of a sudden, I start to feel a lot of pressure in the belly region. I reach down to put my hand on it. Then I feel a definitel poke from inside of my belly! I’ve been thinking that I feel movement since Monday at work (baby only moves when I’m sitting at work for some reason) but, today is it. I know that is the only thing it could be! How exciting!! And now “she” is having a field day. I feel like "she" is rolling around and changing positions constantly over the past 15 minutes. I feel pressure for a minute and then “she” backs off. This is so fun. I realize that this will become increasingly uncomfortable as “she” gets bigger but, right now I must bask blissfully in this milestone…

So, distinct movement coupled with the comment that I got last night at Chili’s makes me realize that this is really happening! Last night, I decided to pick up some chips and queso from Chili’s to eat with a few girls that were coming over. Yesterday, I happened to have on a maternity shirt and pants. Although I had tucked the shirt in at work (most people here still don’t know I’m pregnant), I relaxed and took it out at home. So, when my husband saw me, his comment was, “Wow – you really look pregnant now!”. The next thing out of his mouth was, “Make sure you’re wearing your rings when you go to Chili’s”. He is paranoid about people thinking that I am a single parent. Anyway, at Chili’s when I only ordered the chips and queso, the cashier asked me if it was a craving I had been having. That is something you only ask a pregnant person! So, I must be officially showing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I love the belly pics! What a great way to visually document your progress. And what a neat thing to be able to show your baby when she's older! :)

Glad to hear everything is going well for you!

- Amber
http://amber.tangerinecs.com