Thursday, March 09, 2006

What Happened to Me?

It’s hard to believe that it’s been a full two weeks since I last posted. But, it has definitely been a FULL two weeks. Let’s see, my birthday was great. The next day Jayla turned 6 months old and we sang “Happy Half-Birthday” to her. My mom came to town that weekend and we had a good visit with her. Then that Monday Jayla got sent home from “school” because she had the granddaddy of all bleeding diaper rashes. She ended up staying home 3 days last week – 2 days laying naked on the family room floor, letting the diaper rash air out and one day with a low grade fever. Her daddy stayed with her one day and I stayed home two days. So, last week was not the most productive at work for me – but, somehow I landed a promotion over the course of the week.

Then last weekend was somewhat busy with a lunch date and double header softball games on Saturday and church and traveling to San Antonio on Sunday. We were in San Antonio on Monday – Wednesday of this week. I had to be there for a conference for work. Jayla had to be there because I am her primary source of food. Her daddy came along to keep her while I attended conference activities. Jayla pooped in diarrhea proportions for the whole trip. Other than that, it went pretty well. We had a huge amount of stuff for just 3 days but, most of it was Jayla’s, of course. She and her daddy spent most of the days in the hotel room. We all went out to dinner and lunch together. Now, we’re back to real life as of today. Jayla was slightly confused when she got to the day care this morning but, once they set the basket of toys in front of her – she remembered!

No comments: