Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Moving On Up

Upon Jayla's return to the day care yesterday, she was placed in the Pre-Toddlers class. She has been in the Wobblers class since Labor Day. Her move up to the Pre-Toddlers class was a little scary to me because the class is intended for 18-24 month old kids. Jayla is only 15 months as of 4 days ago! The plan was to let her transition by spending some time in the Pre-Toddlers class each day. She ended up spending ALL DAY over there yesterday. All of a sudden Jayla apparently knows how to sit still and listen to a story, sit in a circle and review flash cards, and nap on a cot! A cot - no more crib! The day care teachers were all very impressed with how well she did in the Pre-Toddlers room yesterday. So, is this proof that my child really is a genius and extremely advanced for her age? I think so. I was very proud of the report that I got about her yesterday. But, the best part of having her on the Pre-Toddlers side of the glass door rather than on the Wobblers side is the extra $43 in my pocket every month! Yes, our tuition just went down $43 - life is good and my child is a genius!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so now you have to update your blog banner photo to match the more advanced Jayla.

Tomika said...

You know, I've been thinking about that. But, I've been way too lazy to actually do it.