Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Performances

How has it been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. Oh, yeah - I have spent that time being tremendously busy with holiday-related activities!

For instance, last weekend, I found out that a two-year-old can in fact monopolize the entire social calendar for her family. Jayla had three Christmas performances last weekend - Friday night was her school's Christmas music concert. After a full month of hearing nothing but "Jingle Bells" come out of her mouth, she sang not a word of it at the concert. But, how proud I was that she swayed with the beat unlike so many of her other classmates. Then, Saturday night she sang at church. I knew they were singing "Away in a Manger" but, I just wasn't ready for all of the hand gestures and movement that went along with it. It was really cute and she belted that song like there was no tomorrow. Then on Monday night, she had her dance concert. Apparently, my husband and I were talking a little too loud during the performance because she kept turning to us and saying "shhhhh!!!" It cracked me up. I managed to sneak this picture when she wasn't preoccupied by the volume at which my husband and I were discussing her dancing skills:



Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments: