Wednesday, December 03, 2008

19 weeks: the verdict

Well, we had our ultrasound on Monday and I've already lost the ultrasound pictures. Yet, I could probably locate Jayla's pictures in about 30 seconds. Anyway, the radiology department at the hospital has been completely remodeled. But, this did not make the operation any quicker. They even had little coaster-shaped pagers like they do at restaurants where as 3.5 years ago, they just yelled my name out into a crowded room of people waiting to get treatments that are far less exciting than merely getting to look at a perfectly healthy fetus.

Anyway, I'm stalling and fat and starting to actually feel pregnant. That last part is a good thing because I'm leaning closer and closer to scheduling the delivery of this baby for exactly 20 weeks from today - April 22, 2009. It really is such the perfect date for our family, if you are a numbers nerd like me. It will mean that all four of us were born in even months (me in February(2), baby in April(4), daddy in June(6), and Jayla in August(8)) and we have consecutive dates (daddy the 21st, baby the 22nd, me the 23rd, and Jayla the 24th). That numerical perfection in itself is enough for me to schedule the repeat c-section today!

Anyway, I'll go ahead and tell you what you came to hear and that is that I will be housing another girl within my body for the next 20 weeks or so. Jayla's response: "I told you so!" (she literally said that as soon as the ultrasound technician told us what we were looking at on that fuzzy screen). Daddy's response: "Well, at least she's a healthy baby..." Personally, I'm pretty excited that Jayla will get the sister that she's been talking about throughout this entire pregnancy. And also praying that maybe Jayla's sister has just a little bit more of Daddy's personality because I do not think this house can hold three females that act like me!

3 comments:

Pamie said...

Congrats!!! Another beautiful girl...I'm so happy for you. Wow...just thinking about the numerical significance is amazing as well. Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your healthy baby girl. As the oldest of 7 girls I can tell you it is great to have grown daughters. We make good friends.

Crystal said...

I wish I knew how to have a girl! :) Congratulations, girls can be so sweet...although bossy and outspoken at times too. It is nice to plan the date, I just hope she doesn't have a mind of her own like Noah did. My repeat c-section was scheduled for the 14th and he decided to come on the 8th. I never thought of a numbers thing like that...that's very interesting!