Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Zoologist

So, every afternoon when I pick Jayla up from school I have to check her folder for her daily work. The folder is generally full of paperwork and projects and I often wonder how in the world they get that much stuff done in a day.

Well, on Friday when I went to pick her up, I went to check her folder and there was a note: "Don't forget the crabs". The...huh? "The crabs, mama, we have to take them home". I glance over to the chart that shows the student roles for the week and, sure enough, Jayla was the zoologist last week. I had no idea that meant that I would house two hermit crabs for the weekend. I'm still a little confused as to how I got suckered into this.

But, I will say that Jayla and her daddy seemed to be creating father-daughter memories this weekend as they fed the crabs and sprayed water to create humidity in their cage. I have yet to even look at the things but, I'm assuming we didn't kill them. I was really nervous about being the first parents to not bring the crabs back on Monday morning.

No comments: