Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Three Has Landed

48 minutes ago I sang Happy Birthday to Jayla for the fourth or fifth time this weekend but, this time was a little different since I sang it at the exact time that she was born. She was born at 9:01pm on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 so, I was holding out all day today - still calling her a two-year-old. I put her to bed about 10 minutes ago and said good night to my three-year-old for the first time. Tomorrow is the first day of school and even though she's been in the pre-K classroom since June, tomorrow is a milestone because she will be wearing a school uniform for the first time. This morning she told me, "I'm not a baby anymore, Mama!" I have no idea what prompted that statement but, she's right...


I'll be back soon with pictures from the birthday festivities this weekend!

3 comments:

Pamie said...

AWWWWW!!!! Jayla is such a beautiful young lady. She truly is no longer a baby...she is a big girl now! I can't wait to see the pictures from her birthday party.

By the way...I got married on August 8...I'll update my blog and explain everything there!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jayla! My daughter also turned 3 this month, and she's suddenly a big girl, too.

Anonymous said...

When my kids started saying they weren't babies any more I started replying" Yes your are not a baby but you will always be my baby."

Happy Birthday Special 3