Saturday, January 01, 2011

1/1/11

It's the first day of the new year and I've spent a decent portion of the past week trying to figure out what in the world happened to my 2010. I really have been beating myself up trying to think of the notable happenings and accomplishments and I just keep coming up short. I'm concluding that my dissertation sucked up my entire 2010. That project is completely overshadowing the awesomeness of 2010 that included my friends and family (because I know I had some great times in 2010...I really, really did...).

I spent most of today just trying to decompress. I've been very stressed out for the past 3 or 4 months. So, I'm on a mission to correct that in the near future. I've got plans for 2011...big plans, even. I'm hoping to receive some revelations this year...learning more about what I'm supposed to be doing with my life now that grad school is over and hopefully reconnecting with the parts of myself and my interests that had to take a back seat in 2010. I'm actually excited about that.

But, one of the most important things that I have got to do is sleep. I've not had a regular sleep schedule in 2.5 years. And when my sleep schedule has been regular, it involved approximately 5 hours (at most) of uninterrupted sleep. And maybe the whole sleep deprivation thing is clouding my memories of 2010...hmmm...

So, I'm really hoping that 2011 will be a year of rest and revelation for me. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: