Friday, July 01, 2005

Smorgasboard Update

So, the birthday celebration was great!!! We went out to Double Dave's with about 6 other couples (and one cute newborn). Then, we all came back to our house to have cake and watch most of the NBA Finals Game. The guys had a blast. Of course, we girls were upstairs ooohing and aaahing over the baby and the progress on our nursery. My husband enjoyed his birthday alot and then the next night the two of us celebrated at a Brian McKnight/New Edition concert. Brian McKnight is my husband's favorite artist. We've probably seen him 4 or 5 times together since 1998. The New Edition thing was a HUGE bonus for me - I loved it!!! Two funny things happened that day:

1. The lady comes to deliver our baby furniture. My husband opens the door to let them in. She asks, "Is your mother home?" I know we both look young but, not that young!! That absolutely cracked me up for about a week every time I thought about it.

2. My shoes disintegrated at the concert. When I left home, I had on platform (2.5 inches or so) sandles. When I left the concert, I had on soles. That's it!! Again, still cracking up over that one. My husband asked me if I stepped in acid or something. I have no idea!! They just literally started falling apart!

This past weekend, we were in Nashville for my family reunion. My two girl cousins that are closest to me in age have both had baby boys since the last time I saw them. One had an 11-month-old and the other had a 3-week-old. Oh my God - they were both adorable and it made me want mine so much more. I think I'm actually getting ready for this girl mentally and emotionally!!!

One last thing (I think): I felt her hiccup. Monday morning, I got up a little early to do some work before I came to work (is that obsessive?) and while I was sitting at the computer checking my email - doesn't take much to distract me even at 6am - I got these really jerky, huge, rhythmic movements going on. My entire belly was jumping around. After about the 10th one, I yelled for my husband to come see. Yeah - apparently, you can scare the hiccups out of a fetus. She stopped as soon as I yelled for him. So, she continually makes me look like an idiot when I try to show her tricks to other people. Maybe she's just a really private person...

Okay, one more last thing: I have not touched a scale since I vowed to never do it again. I feel so free!! :) I can say that I've been eating worse too but, I don't really care anymore because I feel just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to post any more pics soon? I'm 4 weeks behind you and enjoy seeing your pics. I've gained hardly any weight...but I've definitely started showing in the last couple of weeks more and more...so we'll see what I've gained the next time I go to the doctor. I'm not even up to my pre-pregnancy weight yet. I was bigger than your 5 week picture when I got pregnant...so I think that has a lot to do with it. I've been eating healthier too...although not so much lately. I'm due at the beginning of October.