Monday, July 25, 2005

She's here!!!

Last Thursday night, I dreamed that my daughter was born. It was weird, of course, because I pulled all kinds of things from my day into the dream. For starters, I gave birth to the baby in front of a big crowd of people. I don't really remember it if was a vaginal birth or by c-section but, I know it knocked me out for a few hours. I distinctly remember that she weight 5 lbs, 9 oz - don't know if there were details on her length. In the dream, my husband woke me up a while after having given birth and said, "Do you want to meet your daughter?". I, of course, wanted to meet her. So, he brought her to me and put her in my arms and introduced me to "Samoa". First of all, she was beautiful and look exactly like my little cousin Kanina when she was born. But, when my husband told me her name was Samoa, I flipped! I yelled at him that that wasn't the name that we had chosen for her. He responded that his mom didn't like the name that we chose so, Samoa was it. For some reason, I just let it go right there - probably because I was so anxious to nurse my little girl. So, I nursed her and she ate fine, but, then she threw up. She threw up solid food! - grilled onions and peppers to be exact. Weird!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've heard they get really weird. It's suppose to be because of your changing hormones :) Yeah...gotta love them! I haven't started those yet...but I'm just waiting. How did your baby shower go? Did your hostess's like their gifts?