Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Slackin'

Okay, I have to admit that I've been pretty slack on updating my blog - especially considering all that's been going on. I wanted to definitely update on my shower. I will post pictures (and video?) later. The shower was so awesome. It was reminiscent of my bridal shower four years ago. As I got dressed that morning, I had the same feeling that I had back then. My mom came into town on the Wednesday evening before the shower. Then, I had about 12 other aunts/cousins that came in between Thursday and Friday. Oh yeah - and my mother-in-law. Only my mom and my mother-in-law stayed at my house though. I was exhausted by the end of that weekend. But, I felt so loved by my friends here and the family that decided to make the trip.

The house (site of the shower) was decorated beautifully! There were purple and yellow elephants everywhere (the nursery is purple and yellow and my sorority collects elephants). The food was GREAT - main dish being a couple of Chick-Fil-A trays and everyone knows that I can eat chicken 7 times a day!! The games were even fun - classic stuff that I usually don't like at other people's showers but, for some reason they were fun at my own shower!! Best of all, I got lots of great gifts. Hardly anything that I could even remotely consider returning to the store! Oh yeah - and the cake was awesome, although I'm sure it put about 8 pounds on me last week. And yes, all of my hostesses liked their little goodie bags. Everyone thought they were cute. So, everything was perfect.

My friend and my aunt who just moved to town (she's only 29 so it's okay for us to hangout!) came over on Friday night and finished eating all the cake for me. More importantly, they organized all the shower stuff and got everything put away in the nursery. They, of course, left me with a pile of things to wash but, I plan to get those done tonight while my husband is out of town.

I have a doctor's appointment today. I think this will be the last one before they start "checking me" - could it be that I'm going to have a baby soon?

No comments: