Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Pimple

Okay, for all practical purposes, I have had flawless skin for all of my adult life (I don't know what was wrong with me when I was like 8 years old). So flawless that last year, I went to get a facial as a birthday gift from my husband. The lady kept marveling over my skin and she said it looked like I exfoliate everyday. First of all, I have NO CLUE what it means to exfoliate!! She asked me what I use on my skin - ummm, yeah - nothing but, water.

So, anyway, as of day #1 of this pregnancy, I have had this little pimple on the left side of my nose. My sister hates it and wants to pop it every time she sees it. Other people act like they don't notice it. Regardless, it has always been my constant reminder that I am pregnant - especially in the early days when I wasn't showing and needed to convince myself that this pregnancy was still viable and thriving. In my head, there was no way I could have a pimple unless I was pregnant! Well, I guess you can say that I've even grown attached to the little pimple (maybe I should name it!) in the past 8 months.

So, this morning, I wake up - and the little pimple is GONE!!! GONE!!! GONE!!! Sadly, I miss it. And with it's dissappearance, I am reminded that this pregnancy will soon be over.

No comments: