Friday, March 23, 2007

Aggie Pride

During my freshman and sophomore years of college, I spent nearly every single weekend visiting my friends at North Carolina A&T in Greensboro. We always had a blast – hanging out all night, reminiscing, going to football games…

I used to get into football games for free with them. They were all members of this group called Aggie Livewires. The Aggie Livewires wore maroon and white t-shirts and sat right beside the band in the stands. They were the best seats. The Aggie Livewires had little cheers that went with each of the songs that the band played. My friends taught them to me so that I wouldn’t look like an outsider at the games. It was so much fun. I remember screaming out the cheers and chanting “Aggie Pride, Aggie Pride!” throughout the entire game. But, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever become an Aggie…I was only pretending, right?

Have I mentioned that I have been blessed with the most supportive husband on the planet? Thanks baby. I love you too.

No comments: