Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost Three

My child will be three years old in a month. I've been thinking about this for the past few days as I'm attempting to plan her birthday party. It is so entirely cliche to talk about how fast it has gone by but, it really really has. I remember telling someone last year about how fast the second year had gone by compared to the first. And oh my goodness, I was so not prepared for how fast this third year would go by even compared to the second. It is unreal.

And I say I can't believe my baby is almost three but, at the same time, she picks out her clothes now. That has been her thing lately - I am not allowed to pick out what she is going to wear nor does she tolerate me helping her to actually put the clothes on her body. She demands the opportunity to do it on her own. The best thing about this? The girl knows how to put together an outfit. I'm really not too worried about what she decides that she wants to wear because it is bound to be something that is relatively cute together.

Even this morning...I was worried about what she might bring out of her room to show me because most of her outfits that were bought together as an outfit and obviously go together are in the dirty clothes hamper. I was relieved to see that she decided on a solid yellow shirt and solid blue bottoms. She's never worn those two pieces together but, neither were they offensive together. So, yes, my child is at school right now wearing the third outfit that she has picked out and dressed herself in this week. I'm thinking that's a very "three" thing to do...sort of like her rite of passage into the club.

1 comment:

Pamie said...

Awww Tomika!!!! That is so cute! Yes, Ms. Jayla is growing up right before your eyes. I can't wait until I embark on the parenthood journey (a long way down the road that is!) LOL!!