Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Company Picnics: The Next Generation

This past Saturday, my little family and I attended my husband's company picnic. They do it every year but, this year was the best yet. It reminded me so much of when I used to go to my dad's company picnics as a little girl. They were always in September, right after school started back. Their picnics were a big deal because almost everyone I knew in our small town had at least one parent that worked at the same company where my dad worked. So, "everyone" was there. I think they used to call it "Friends and Family Day" or something like that...and it was a blast.

It's still weird to me to think that twenty years have passed since then and now my own child will be gathering the same type of memories as we continue to do things like this year after year. This morning out of the blue she started talking about when we went to the "beach" and I helped her dive under the water and daddy helped her swim. "Yes, baby, I remember that too...and also, it was H&H Ranch in Northeast Houston but, you're quite welcome to call it the beach if you'd like."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be able to pass on similar yet different memories to your daughter.