Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update at 16 Weeks

I'm 16 weeks today. The pregnancy is going well. I'm growing. I feel perfectly fine though. The professor that I work for is in awe of my ability to act like the pregnancy is not even there. In reality, it's not that hard to forget about this time around. However, I did manage to remember to actually take a picture last week. So, I'm pretty sure I'm a little bigger than this now but, this was last week's belly (14w5d):


One of my biggest concerns right now that I'm trying to ignore is the childcare situation for the new baby. Quite frankly, on my student "salary", Jayla is taking up all of the tuition money. So, it really isn't realistic to even pretend like I have the $1700/month that I'd need to send the new baby off to someone else like I do with Jayla everyday. And unfortunately, her school does not offer a part time program...so, then do I find part-time care for the baby and have to take them different places in the mornings? Do, I strap the baby on my back and haul it to school with me? That last option is obviously not an option either. I keep telling my husband that it'll all fall in place. I've convinced him. I need to reconvince myself. I've got at least 9 months before I'm thinking I'll want/need childcare anyway.

I have my next doctor's appointment on Tuesday of next week. My doctor will give me the orders for my ultrasound at that time. And then, in the next two weeks or so, maybe we can say this is a boy with certainty...

No comments: