Wednesday, January 07, 2009

'Twas the season


I know I'm a bit late but, the Christmas season was rather hectic - full of traveling and visiting with family and friends. Somehow over the past two weeks, our little family has traveled the entire stretch of highway between here and Washington, DC via the Deep South.


The first leg of our trip involved the 8-hour drive from Houston to my parents house in Mississippi. We spent Christmas in Mississippi and had entirely too many gifts to open. It took the 6 of us (me, mom, dad, sister, husband, and Jayla) almost 4 hours to actually get through all of the gifts. Needless to say the majority of the gifts were Jayla's but, my sister and I also had our fair share as we ended up being the last two with gifts to still open (Jayla opened three gifts to everyone else's one gift as we went around the room and opened our gifts individually).

The day after Christmas (Friday), all 6 of us started our trek to the east coast. We made the 12-hour trip to my hometown in North Carolina on the first day. We spent two nights there and were lucky enough to see some dear old friends...people we just hadn't seen probably since the 1990's. It was weird to see those people and have them comment on my little family because apparently, I am not 14 anymore and they noticed.

Sunday took us to my old church and then up to Williamsburg, VA where we rented a condo for the remainer of the week. While staying in Williamsburg, we took a day trip to DC. By then, we were so over riding in the car and yet, there was whole little pesky matter of driving all the way back to Texas. But, we made it back and honestly, the 12 days that we were away from home were mostly good times.


Next to the "Texas" Christmas tree with the Washington Monument behind us


Jayla and her daddy both saw the White House for the first time...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the family picture. You'll have to give another pregnancy update soon!