Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Heartbeat and Birthday Update

I can’t believe it’s been a week since I heard my baby’s heartbeat for the first time and I’m just not getting around to posting about it. In a word…it was awesome! We went last Wednesday (my birthday) morning. The heartbeat was 150bpm, which is apparently in the good range. The doctor’s visit was short and sweet beyond that. I just don’t have a lot of questions for the doctor right now because there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong. I feel great most of the time. I did gain another 3 pounds according to the doctor’s scale. That put me at a total of 9 pounds at the 11w2d mark. But, I will say that my scale at home is still at the 6 pound mark and my exam was in a different room (therefore, different scale) than I’ve had at my last two appointments. So, maybe I didn’t actually gain anything and that scale is just calibrated differently. That’s my story – I’m sticking to it. Regardless, this has driven me to exercise harder than the 2-mile walks that I’ve been doing. They haven’t been challenging and I know my body can do more. So, I’ve started doing some of the videos that I have at home…harder workouts and I’ve been feeling less like a bum. I even see my quads starting to tighten up again.

I have to talk about the awesome birthday that I had. We had a great party at work and then I my hubby and I went to Outback and to see the movie Hitch that night. It was a really cute movie. On Friday night, I had a surprise birthday party. It wasn’t a huge surprise because it became pretty obvious as the evening was unfolding but, it was a great time anyway.

This week has been weird. I somehow contracted a bunch of cold/flu symptoms over the weekend. With those symptoms has come more constant nausea than I’ve felt through the entire pregnancy. What’s funny is that I first started to feel it on Monday, which was my 12 week mark – isn’t that when things are supposed to start calming down!?!? Anyway, I came home early from work on Monday to rest and it did a body good! I’m feeling better now. Just still dealing with a stuffy nose. Everything else has subsided for the most part (except the nausea!!!!).

No comments: