Thursday, March 10, 2005

Starting to Show?

Okay, so why am I convinced that my stomach is all poked out and so obvious to anyway who has eyes that I am pregnant and yet - even my husband says I'm not showing. Grrrr...so, of course, rather than just believe him, I insist that it's just because he isn't observant about my body! Tonight we even took a couple of pictures so that I could see if I was making it all up. I definitely see it in the pictures, he looks at the pictures and says, "Told you - you're not showing!". Oh well...I'll show him in just a few weeks....

So, I think I have experienced a couple of obvious changes as my pregnancy is progressing into the second trimester (even if my husband doesn't think that "showing" is one of those right now):

  1. I have stopped running to the bathroom in the middle of every single night. I think I've only been once in the month of March in the middle of the night. Where as, I think I didn't go only once in the whole month of February.
  2. I have finally overcome the exhaustion that I was feeling.

My husband and I went maternity clothes shopping together last weekend on Saturday, I think. Why did I think it was a good idea to take him shopping for maternity clothes if I'd rather slit my wrist than take him shopping for my regular clothes? But, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad - probably because I wasn't really pressed to get anything necessarily. So, the fact that he liked NOTHING in Old Navy didn't bother me. I mean, he didn't like ANYTHING!!! He's so picky. So, there is a JC Penney right beside that particular Old Navy so, we just wandered in there to see what they would have. Okay, I would NEVER buy real clothes in JC Penney - just not my style but, I was loving some of their maternity stuff. Actually, I guess I only loved 4 pieces that they had and ended up buying those 4 things: 2 work shirts, 1 t-shirt, and 1 pair of jean capris. But, the best news is that I actually ended up wearing maternity pants for the first time on Monday. I was in Ft. Worth at a conference for work. Since my group and I were in "uniform", I needed to wear black pants and my regular black pants are no longer even zipping up. So, I wore a pair that I ordered from OldNavy.com about 3 weeks ago. It was weird but, very comfortable...and, of course, the maternity pants made me look more pregnant that ever! (in my eyes)

No comments: