Monday, February 05, 2007

But, what about me?

For the past week or so, I’ve been trying – really, really hard even – to find something to say about myself on this blog. I know I talk about Jayla ALL THE TIME here and that’s probably what most people come here to read about. But, really, I would like to say something about me. But, I have nothing. Every single thing I ever think of to write about involves her. Everything.

But, there’s probably a really good reason for that: for the past almost-18 months my life has revolved around her. Completely around her. I enjoy it. Actually, I love it. I am, however, going to venture out on my own this weekend. It will be my first time away from Jayla overnight. I am looking forward to it in a way.

I keep trying to tell myself that after almost-18 months, I deserve a break…even if it’s just for about 36 hours. She will be fine. She will be with her father whom she adores. She will likely realize that I am gone. But, it will not kill her. It will not kill me, technically, either. She will probably have a blast while I am away as she thinks her father invented comedy and all things that are funny. In my defense, she also believes that her mama invented hugs and kisses and all things that are comforting. So, we will survive.

I am such a drama queen. And I still can’t think of anything to write about myself.

No comments: