Sunday, February 25, 2007

Birthday Recap in Pictures

I turned 28 on Friday. I must be getting old because (1) my husband did not get me a gift and I didn't care and (2) I was really looking forward to spending a weekend with my family in the country doing nothing. Well, I can't really say that we did nothing...

My birthday started with breakfast of oatmeal (hubby), a lean pocket (me), and eggs and a banana (Jayla). Then, I took my dad out for a walk. We walked a full mile...his longest walk since having his surgery. Dad wanted to start the walk at 10:21am because that's what time I had been born. So, as we started the walk, he told me how proud he was of me today just as he had been exactly 28 years ago at that moment. Sweet...I know. Anyway, my parents road is about 1/2 mile long so, we took one trip up and back to walk the mile. As we approached the house on the way back, Jayla and hubby met us outside:



Since it was such a beautiful day outside, we decided to hang out on the swing for a while:





As we sat on the swings, we heard someone come down the road. A guy was delivering hay for Dad's cows to eat:



So, we all watched him unload it and then watched the cows decide that they didn't want to eat it:



We soon found out that Jayla was no match for the soothing power of the swing:



We let her stay that way for the duration of her regular nap period.

Then, my mom came home and brought lunch for everyone and more importantly, a birthday cake!! (I really, really, really should have taken a picture of the cake but, I was far to busy eating it.) We all ate lunch together. Jayla managed to stick 1/2 of her rice to her shirt with peach juice so, we had to change her clothes.

After cleaning Jayla's mess up, the afternoon was spent much like the morning, outside, swinging - except my mom joined us (And really, if you can't wear a robe while swinging in your front yard, then why live in the country?!?!?):



And Jayla and I took a picture by a toilet:



Jayla also opted for a pre-dinner nap in the same fashion as her earlier one:



While Jayla napped (we moved her inside this time because it was getting dark), I decided that I wanted to get out for my birthday. So, hubby and I decided to go see a movie. We ended up going to an 8:00 showing of Norbit and then had dinner at O'Charley's afterwards. It turned out to be a very nice evening - and the first time we've done the dinner and movie combo since before Jayla was born. We arrived at my parents house that evening at 12:05am...making this year the absolute most low key birthday that I have ever had!

No comments: