Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jayla stayed pretty busy last weekend - between a birthday party, being invited to play at her best friend's house, and participating in the Easter party and Egg Hunt at church. Here's some photos to commemorate the activities.

First, the Cookie Monster cupcake. The birthday boy's mom made cupcakes to resemble Sesame Street characters. There were three different kinds: Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and Elmo. So, I asked Jayla what kind she wanted. Her answer was "Bert". Well, not only was Bert not an option in the list that I gave her, Bert does not have a round head so, he could NEVER be a cupcake, silly girl!!



Later, that same day, Jayla was pouring tea for the girls at her best friend's house.



Then on Sunday, Jayla got to experience her first Easter Egg hunt. The church separated the kids by ages and Jayla was grouped with the 0-2 year olds. Not that she was stepping on the crawling babies in there with her but, she did manage to bag 50% of the eggs for herself before many of the other kids even caught on to the concept. I had to give 5 eggs back so that each kid would actually end up with some eggs. Here she is after we convinced her that she needed to stop so that other kids could have some:



I actually meant to post these pictures earlier in the week - you know, like when last weekend was still current news. But, I was apparently busy doing other things this week. I have no idea what those things were...otherwise, I guess I would have blogged about them.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Bert cupcakes -- I love the concept! She's so creative.