Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Break To-do's

I've been on spring break this week. And just to stay true to myself, I have given myself a fairly long to-do list this week. It's a daunting list but, thanks to fairly easy list items such as "mail the letter", my list is starting to dwindle.

My main goal for today was to take Jayla to the zoo, which I did. We actually had a really good day. We spent the morning at the zoo. Then came home this afternoon, watched a little Noggin, took a nap, and then went out to dinner. She even went to bed a little early, really easily.

Every now and then we have those kind of days where I just tremendously enjoy my child. And she seemingly enjoys spending time with me as well. And to boot, I managed to read two articles for school and make good progress on a literature review. That's more school work than I've accomplished in any one day all week!

So, I looked at my list again this evening. Despite being able to mark "take Jayla to the zoo" off the list, I've got 9 things that I still want to accomplish this week. And most of them are time-consuming, of course. I've got to transcribe an interview that I did a few weeks ago, read a bunch of stuff, and write a bunch of stuff. Maybe I'll think of another letter that I need to mail instead...and it's been a few months since we were at the Children's Museum...

No comments: