Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Between Semesters

I am glad to have the past two weeks behind me. I was teaching a May-mester class which required me to be up, dressed, and out of the house by 6:00am. This meant that I did not get to see Jayla in the morning and it meant that I was going to bed at the same time that she was. It took away time that I cherish at both the beginning of the day (lounging in bed with Jayla while Daddy gets ready for work) and at the end of the day (sitting in front of the television, surfing the Internet, after Jayla goes to bed). But, it was a valuable experience. It was my first opportunity to teach a graduate class and my first teaching opportunity at a major research intitution. For that, my resume is thankful.

During the weekend between the two weeks of teaching, I made a quick trip to Nashville to visit a friend that I've not seen in almost 5 years. It was a much needed break as I could do no work because I had no access to the Internet. My child and husband seemed to entertain themselves well enough while I was gone and I got to eat some Bojangles. Ya'll know how much that meant to me.

And now, I've got the next two days to catch myself a quick break before my summer class starts on Friday...

No comments: