Thursday, May 01, 2008

School Update and A Tribute to Bojangles

Lucy (oh, how I miss you!) suggested that I talk about school, so here goes:

This is the last week. On Sunday I had three big things that were staring me in the face that I needed to do this week...a paper that I've supposedly been writing all semester, a statistics exam, and a dreadful group project/paper/presentation thingy.

The paper is done and I turned it in on time on Tuesday. The statistics exam was completed last night. And now it's just that group project thing left to present on Saturday. Please somebody tell my professors that I don't want to work in groups anymore. I don't like them at all...never have.

So, anyway, I've been trying to figure out what to do in the fall concerning my class schedule. And I've figured out that I've gotten spoiled and lazy by only having to drive up to school once a week...and occasionally twice. In the fall I may be looking at 2-3 days per week. I need to suck it up and get over it.

I started emailing professors and collecting syllabi last week to figure out which classes I wanted to take. The one exciting thing about the class that I've probably decided to take that is going to require me to be on campus the extra day each week is that the professor is from North Carolina. He went to UNC but, we decided to squash our apparent differences since we are so far from "home". But, the great thing about him? He likes Bojangles and said that he misses the dirty rice and biscuits. I was completely sold on him from that point on...now, his class I'm not so much sold on because of the drive and the fact that the syllabus clearly lays out that it is way more work involved in that class than I feel like doing.

Speaking of Bojangles - Cecilia, Jayla LOVES wings...LOVES!! AND she had her first Bojangles the last time we were in NC and she ate an entire box of food (strips, fries, and biscuit) by herself! Just another one of those proud parenting moments...my child enjoys consuming saturated fats...and twirling around in the family room while wearing pink camo...



This post has been brought to you by randomness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never liked working in groups?? GASP. That is how we met.... I would say I am SHOCKED, but not really :)

And I KNEW my girl would love wings and Bojangles. She couldn't be Jayla, daughter of Tomika and not love both of these things.

Side note, she's not allowed to get any bigger or older. We are instituting this rule NOW.

Fried Lemon Pie said...

WHOOP! Thanks for the update and the lunch date!