Thursday, April 24, 2008

She picked the Skittles!

Ya'll - once again, Jayla does not disappoint! She was very well-behaved in dance this week so I told her that we could go to the store and pick out a treat. She could have whatever candy that she wanted.

We went to the CVS down the street and she walked in with her ballerina clothes on saying, "I want some purple." So, she went down the candy aisle looking for purple. First, it was bubble gum. I explained that it was gum so, she put it down. Then she said, "how about this?". It was Skittles! I almost jumped up and down.

Skittles have always been my favorite candy to the point that in high school I would just have Skittles and water for dinner. I could destroy an entire pound-bag of Skittles in a day - multiple days out of the week. There was no stopping me.

And now, Jayla just made my entire day by realizing that Skittles are the superior way to consume copious amounts of sugar. She makes me proud...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So now the question should be "will she love wings as much as her mama?" Remember our trips to get wings?

Also, just as an FYI. I once recall you telling me "all those white boys look the same" when I asked if you had seen the guy in our homework group. Which WAS true, all of the white boys we knew did look the same. A Korean friend and I were talking recently about the physical similarities between asian people and I shared your comment. She thinks you are a genius.