Monday, April 07, 2008

It's Totally the Thought That Counts

I've been sick for the past two days. I am pretty sure it is all allergy related now that I know that I am prone to allergies. I think walking around outside all day on Saturday didn't help because I did not sleep well at all on Saturday night. I couldn't breathe and just couldn't get comfortable. On Sunday morning I woke up feeling like 2 trucks had run over me during the night.

Jayla came into my bedroom as usual around 7:15am and my husband immediately told her that I did not feel well. I was rather impressed that he picked up on that with all of my tossing and turning and mouth-breathing during the night. So, Jayla strategically asked me which body parts hurt and kissed everything that I told her was hurting me. She even asked me if my eyes were sick, which is basically her way of asking me if I have pink eye. It was cute.

She also apparently prayed for me in the car on the way to church. I stayed home in the bed (and slept until 10:30am - GLORIOUS!!) and she and my husband went to church as usual. He said that he told her that they could pray for me to feel better. He said that just seconds later he heard her mumbling and then she said, "In Jesus' name, Amen." She then explained to him that I was not sick anymore because she had prayed for me. I thought that was the sweetest thing EVER! Granted her prayer for me began with "God is great, God is good, and we thank him for our food..." but, I'm sure He knew where her heart was.

No comments: