Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doctor's Note

Well, today marks 4 days of Jayla's pink eye. It also marks 4 days of us being together 24/7...which means that it has been at least 4 days since I've done anything resembling productive work.

Today is the day that I would usually spend all day at school. School is 100 miles from my house so, once a week is enough driving for me, thank you. But, I'm not there today. I am sitting here typing while Jayla piles stuffed animals in my lap and then takes them all to the couch, arranges them nicely, then brings them back to me, rinse, repeat...I'm loving every minute of it, actually. Jayla is in such good spirits and has been uncharacteristically non-bratty and content to spend the last 4 days in the house with me.

Meanwhile, I'm corresponding with the professor that I work for on campus and he is suggesting remedies that could speed up the healing process for Jayla. Maybe he doesn't believe me? Maybe I should send him this as a doctor's note:

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it still looks like that after 4 days! What kind of eye drops did the doctor put her on? WOW...Leon's "pink" part is gone usually within at least 48 hours. That is just amazing to me!

Crystal said...

It looks similar to something Leon had. Periorbitalcelulitis...however you spell the medical term I don't have a clue. His eye was watery, goopy, swollen...almost completely shut, red, the eye and the eyelid...just something you may want to research. You would think it would be going away by now though! Good luck!!