Sunday, January 20, 2008

On Sleep

When I was still working full-time, Jayla had a very predictable night-time sleeping schedule. We'd put her to bed between 8:45p and 9:00p and not hear from her until sometime between 7:00am and 7:10am. You could set your clock by her.

Well, last semester, I relaxed her bedtime ALOT. By November, we were doing good if Jayla was sleep by 9:30p and alot of times, she was seeing 9:45p or 10:00p. But, her wake up time adjusted accordingly so, we just started our mornings a little later. It wasn't a big deal.

However, ever since the Christmas break, we've had problems getting Jayla to sleep at night as well as getting her to sleep past 7:00a. So, I'm trying to get better about getting her in the bed by 9:00p again. I really need the predictability that we used to have. I'm not doing so good, though. It's 9:36p right now and she is still up! I only put her down for the first time at 9:22p. So, mama didn't even get us started out on the right track tonight.

Meanwhile, mama is tired. I'm not newborn-baby-in-the-house tired or anything but getting a little more sleep wouldn't hurt me. But, it's almost like I don't know how to go to bed earlier. I've done better in the month of January, though, getting to bed most nights before midnight - even on the weekends. I guess I have issues with going to bed "early" because after I put Jayla to bed at night, I feel so free. I enjoy the time that I have with my husband and no Jayla. Plus, I'm really productive after 10:00p. But, I talk to so many of my friends that are heading to bed, if not sleep, by 10:00p. I don't understand how to do that! I have a feeling that getting Jayla back on her 8:45p-9:00p schedule would help though...

No comments: