Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Letter to Grandma

I'm really bad at correspondence. I hate talking on the phone...no matter who it is. I haven't written a letter since 1996 or so. And I don't live anywhere near any of my family (besides my sister who still lives in my guest room). So, my grandma was surprised to hear from me when I called her last week. As usual, I got a lecture about how nice it would be to hear my voice on a more regular basis. I thanked her for the Christmas money that we received from her over a month ago and we talked about how her Christmas and New Year celebrations were.

Earlier this week, I got bit by the letter bug out of the blue and one of the three people on that list was my grandma. I think it may have been the abundance of leftover stamps from Christmas cards. Hassle-free letter sending! So, I sent her this a few days ago:

Grandma and Granddaddy,

Thank you again for our Christmas money! I wanted to show you what we did with it. We decided to buy a cabinet to store Jayla’s toys that had managed to overtake our family room:




When she woke up and saw it yesterday morning, I asked her if she liked it. She replied, “It’s better, mama!” and immediately started playing. Now all of her stuff is in one corner of the family room and we have reclaimed some of our space back.




Love,
Us

You should all be very proud of me!

No comments: