Monday, January 14, 2008

Sean and Robin's 15 minutes...

Admittedly, I did not watch either of my cousins when their respective shows were actually on the air. It's about 10:30 Monday night and I've just watched both airings through the power of DVR.

Luckily, my sister set the DVR to tape AFV last night because we missed the first 15 minutes of watching it last night. Sure enough, Sean's video was in the first 15 minutes! The clip was actually kinda funny. Sean and his brother-in-law, Jonathan, had apparently locked a cake in the oven. The entire video clip consisted of Sean shining a flashlight on the latch of the oven while Jonathan tried to pry it open. Then Jonathan, thinking that he could overpower the latch, pulled the handle off the oven, lost his balance, and fell into a wall. While, I initially laughed, now I'm just really concerned for whatever woman that oven belongs to! Maybe I'll send him an email to find out whose kitchen they were in...

I am just unbelievably proud of Robin and her appearance on Oprah. It was amazing. She looked amazing and she represented our family so well. There were pictures of her and her eight brothers and sisters (includes Sean as her youngest brother). I still can't believe that she was actually standing there, talking to Oprah, on a live show! And the look on her face said that she couldn't believe it either.

Here are Robin's before and after pictures.

I remember seeing Robin at our grandmother's funeral in April 2005. She was still large then but, it was evident that she was starting to loose some weight. I just remember thinking that it wasn't a big deal though. Then, last summer at the family reunion, almost no one recognized her! I only knew who she was because people had already told me that I wouldn't recognize her. So, I was kinda on the lookout for someone that I didn't recognize. :) The transformation has been amazing. I am so, so proud of her...

No comments: