Saturday, April 05, 2008

Friday Night Brain Dump

I am so glad that it is Friday. Well, actually, it's 16 minutes into Saturday. But, I actually took a quick (10-ish minutes while Jayla was catching up on her Dora the Explorer) nap this evening so that I could enjoy Friday evening for as long as possible. It's not that I had a long week - quite the contrary...my weeks go by entirely too fast! And now, here at the end of the semester, I'm suddenly being asked to actually produce work. This week, alone, I had like a trillion things that I needed to get done and I think I finished 3 or 4. But, alas, my secret weapon is here - the weekend. This is usually when I surprisingly get caught up on alot of things that I slack on during the week. Imagine that...me...slacking on something.

Jayla's been learning to skate on the kitchen floor this week. So, now I'm itching to take her to a skating rink. Deep down I must be still in the 8th grade because that is when I went to the skating rink twice a week, religiously. And my sister and I spent 20 minutes reminicsing on those days tonight. I looked up our local skating rink online tonight and parents can skate free on Sundays (after paying for their kids' admission, obviously). That got me excited but, then again, not really. My husband (look Cecilia, I'm going to talk about him!) plays basketball every single Sunday afternoon while Jayla and I take a 3-hour nap. He is very protective of his basketball time and so, it will be difficult for me to convince him to give that up one day.

And with that I think I may have officially emptied my entire brain. Good night.

No comments: