Saturday, May 10, 2008

Not exactly what I had planned...

This past week was what I was considering to be my "free week". It was the only week that I could relax a little bit between semesters and maybe focus on some me-type things. I had planned to:

  • Go shopping for some summer attire to combat this 90 degree weather we are already being subjected to
  • Get a pedicure
  • Attend "Muffins with Moms" at Jayla's school
  • Get an estimate on some work that I want done on the house
  • Hit the gym most days of the week
  • Order and install a new screen inverter in my laptop so that maybe, just maybe I can see an image on my laptop screen

Instead, I:

  • Rode 20 hours in the car to and from Nowhere, Arkansas in a span of the 72 hours that comprised Tuesday through Thursday
  • Painted Jayla's toenails in a $45/night motel room while the rest of the family attended Jayla's great-great grandfather's funeral
  • Took an impromptu trip to school to prepare for a class that I am teaching there starting next week
  • Went to the gym once on Monday morning
  • Ordered and installed a new screen inverter in my laptop and still cannot see an image on my laptop screen

No comments: