Monday, January 31, 2005

First Appointment

Friday was our first appointment with the doctor. I had just been there last month for my yearly and told her that I was interested in potentially getting pregnant this year. So, when she walked into the exam room and saw me, we both looked at each like, “I guess it worked!”. She proceeded to examine me, date my pregnancy, and let us ask all the questions that we had. She insisted on dating my pregnancy based on my last period which means that I am 8 weeks today! My official due date is Monday September 12, 2005. That means that I will be very close to giving birth near our 4th wedding anniversary. (Coincidentally, one of the reasons that we chose to get married in September is because it was not near either or our birthdays so that would give us something in celebrate in February (me), June (him), and September (us)). So, now September will have two occasions for our family to celebrate!!

J was a lot less shy than I thought he would be at the appointment. He asked the doctor about our pending trip to Breckenridge, CO next week. The doctor suggested that I don’t ski since I am a novice. I am definitely cool with that because there are 2 other pregnant girls (much further along than I am) that are going with us. I plan to hang out with them while the guys ski.

My doctor said that she would do my blood work at my next visit in 4 weeks (at 11 weeks, 4 days). Right now we have an appointment for February 25 at 9:05 but, J has something at work that day so, we may reschedule so that he can be there again.

After the appointment, J and I had lunch together at Schlotsky’s. While we were there, my mom called because she was so anxious to hear how the appointment had gone. I told her the details and she was so excited to actually have a date to write down in her calendar. When I originally told her that I was pregnant, I asked her to not tell anyone until I had gone to the doctor, at least. On Friday, I asked how many people she had told and she named about 20!! But, that’s my mom…I expected nothing less…

So, this week, I’m going to get better about my eating and exercise. I’ve already gained 6 pounds which is just blowing my mind. It will help when we finally get some food in our house…yes, we eat out for every meal because there is not a single edible item in the house. More importantly, I’ve been a little reluctant to continue with the more rigorous exercise schedule that I used to have (say this time last year) but, the doctor thinks I should keep doing what I was doing with the exception of crunches. Hmmm…that ruins the excuse that I’ve been using…

2 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

Congrats on your pregnancy and for having a due date! :)

Anonymous said...

The "mysterious" TG -

I never knew you had a blog of your own! Cool. Now I can come lurk on your blog and comment once every 4 months. ;) Congrats on the pregnancy! Good luck!

- Amber
http://amber.tangerinecs.com