Saturday, January 22, 2005

It's the toothpaste...

that makes me nauseated in the morning! It only took me 10 days to figure this one out. The first time I experienced the nausea in the morning (i.e. morning sickness), it was while brushing my teeth. On this past Thursday when I experienced the nausea in the morning (i.e. morning sicksness), it was while brushing my teeth. Now, this morning, I had to get up a bit early for a Saturday morning after having a somewhat late Friday night (we had a fun date night that included Outback - my craving for the day - and Meet the Fockers)...my tummy apparently didn't like that. I was supposed to meet some friends at 9:30am to go on a 3-mile walk. It took me forever to eat my breakfast because it just didn't feel like it would stay down. But, I knew I had to eat something if I was going to have a chance at getting through the walk comfortably. After finishing my breakfast, I had to get dressed. I waited until the absolute last minute to brush my teeth because I had a feeling that the nausea would kick in. Sure enough, upon performing the necessary evil, I was overtaken by nausea. So, now my quest is to figure out if it's just my toothpaste or if the whole brushing of the teeth thing is my newest enemy!

In other pregnancy news, I think I was suffering from dehydration on Wednesday!! I was so exhausted and my mouth was really dry. I kept feeling like I needed to drink but, there wasn't enough water in the entire city supply!!! I usually drink lots of water on a regular basis and had probably unknowingly only consumed maybe 64 ounces where I would usually consume 120 ounces. So, on Thursday, I was determined to rehydrate myself. I drank, drank, drank all day long. My manager at work even noticed...made the comment, "Girl, you're going to float away from drinking all that water!" But, in my effort to drink all day Thursday, I didn't eat as much food. So, I ended up going to bed kind of hungry and waking up famished on Friday morning...which inevitably lead to a morning of nausea. So, I've got to some how figure out how to eat and drink the right amounts on the same day!

Other than that, I am doing great. My doctor's appointment has been moved back to next Friday, January 28 at 10:40. I am okay with that just because I will be a little bit further along, which may make the appointment a little more interesting. My husband is going with me so, it should be fun. We've decided to go ahead and tell our parents this Monday night as planned and then after the doctor's appointment next Friday, it's free reign to tell everyone. Although, I'm sure we'll start with our closest friends and family rather than just randomly telling anyone. I wanted so bad to tell the girls on the walk this morning. The irony is that they are my friends who have recently formed a "New Mommies Club" because they are all pregnant. Exercising together is just one of their activities. They invited me just as a friend...little did they know that I have officially joined their group too. :)

Finally, I found out today that another friend of ours suffered a miscarriage this week. The doctors are waiting until Tuesday to determine if it absolutely happened but, they're pretty sure about it. She was about 8 weeks along and not too many people knew about it. The interesting twist is that she ran a 1/2 marathon last Sunday and started the bleeding right after it. Although it's supposed to be safe to exercise while pregnant, running 13 miles in a race is still VERY stenuous. It's just hard to completely rule it out as a factor in the miscarriage...

No comments: