Friday, January 14, 2005

We did it!!

We're pregnant! I can't believe it! Who knew that it could happen so quickly for us!??! We are so excited and thankful and happy about this awesome news.

I left work a few minutes early (4:15ish) and headed straight to Target to buy the HPT. On the way home, I swung by KFC because I have been craving fried chicken constantly for the past two weeks. I ate part of my chicken on the 0.75-mile trip home! Oprah was still on when I got home so, I watched the end of it and finished up my snack. Then I pulled out the directions for the First Response HPT and read through them. I then forced myself to sleep on the couch until my husband got home from work.

He came home around 5:45 and immediately told me to go test. Apparently, it was on his mind! As soon as the urine hit the stick, I saw the two lines! (Maybe because I waited about 20 dpo to test!!) But, I still did everything like I was supposed to and even waited the three minutes before we looked at the test together...sure enough - two bright pink lines!! YAY!!!

So, I think we're trying to let this all sink it. I really felt like this would be the outcome but, it's still unreal when you first see it in pink-and-white. We immediately prayed for mine and the baby's health over the course of this pregnancy and of course, thanked God for this awesome, awesome blessing.

The plan now is for me to call the doctor on Monday morning (I'm off work for MLK, Jr. day) and see when I can schedule an appointment. After I have seen the doctor and have a due date (I guess it'll be mid-September some time), we will tell our parents, sisters, and grandparents. I guess after then, it'll be free reign to tell the world!

Right now, we're on the way to our friends' house. They are one of our best couple friends. He is running in the Houston Marathon on Sunday and is having a pasta party tonight. She is about 5.5 months pregnant and I don't know how in the world we'll keep this quiet, considering all she and I ever do is talk about baby stuff! How exciting...thank you sweet Jesus...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Yay, a new pregancy blog to read. Keep updating.