Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Still sinking in...

So, Friday night turned out to be a BLAST! Not only was I relieved to finally find out that I am, indeed, pregnant but we had so much fun at our friends house. The food was great and we played the most hilarious games of Catch Phrase ever!!!

Saturday, J and I hung around the house. I tried to do productive things like clean the kitchen and do laundry. It just seems like I've got to get into a better habit of keeping up with my chores if I'm going to be a mommy. My mom always kept our house in order when I was growing up so, I guess I kind of look at it as part of the mommy role. Saturday night, we went to dinner at Chili's and talked about how we're going to start telling people about the pregnancy. Originally, we were thinking that we would keep it to ourselves until after our first doctor's appointment and then start by telling our parents, sisters, and grandparents. But, when I told J that it may be a few weeks before I get an appointment, he decided that we should tell those people during this week. We are just so excited!...and yet this totally doesn't even seem real yet. I called the doctor yesterday and got an appointment for 3:30 next Monday, January 24. That's a bit sooner than I had anticipated so, we're thinking we can wait until next week to tell our families. By my calculations, I'll be 6 weeks on Monday.

Today was my first day at work this week (gotta love those government holidays like MLK day!). I have been relieved of much nausea over the past few days. I don't like that because the nausea reminds me that I am pregnant. I am experiencing some soreness in my breast, an increased appetite, and a whole lotta gas!!! I still get cramps every now and then too. And, of course, I'm holding on to any pregnancy symptom as confirmation. I can't wait to go to the doctor...just to make sure that things are normal so far.

One more thing...I made J take some pictures of me on Sunday so that we can start to monitor my growth in pictures! I want to take them every 2 weeks or so...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you enjoy the next 9 months, and of course, the years beyond.

Gwen
http://gwen.shaneck.com