Monday, June 06, 2005

Just For the Record...

Okay, I have had some information written on a blue sticky note on my desk for probably 6 weeks now. Ummm...I'm ready to throw it away so, I need to record this information somewhere else for keeps. Yep - my blog is it. So here goes...

My husband first felt the baby move on Saturday, May 14. We were still laying in bed that morning when he felt her. That's also the day we started our registry at Babies R Us. I think he was motivated to do things for her once he could also feel her.

At my last doctor's appointment on May 25 (24w2d), my stats were as follows:
Blood Pressure: 110/70
Baby's Heartrate: 154bpm
Fundal Height: 24 cm
Weight: +10 pounds

Okay, the weight thing was a HUGE shocker!! 3 nights before I went to the doctor I weighed the exact thing that I had weighed at my April 25th appointment. Then the night before I went to this appointment, I had shot up those 10 pounds. Amazing!! I think alot of it was swelling but, it happened so quickly and coincided with our first "hot" weekend here in Houston. So, the doctor said I needed to watch my salt intake (which in reality is TOTALLY excessive - it's just never been a problem before). So, I've been trying to monitor that a little better. I've lost about 3 pounds since that appointment but, I must admit I am still jealous of my husband's 27-inch waist right now...

Finally, the results from our second ultrasound on May 16 revealed that our baby girl is growing just fine. Praise God! She was estimated to be 1lb, 1oz - which was in the 35th percentile for her gestational age. So, it looks like she could potentially be smaller like my husband. I've always been blessed with size...starting with being born at 9lb, 11oz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10-14 days for furniture...ours took 3 days! We got ours at Babies R Us on memorial day and it was in 3 days later. I don't blame you for not wanting to wait. I'm due October 9th and I decided if it was going to take 10-12 weeks or longer, I wasn't getting that set even if it was the one I had my heart set on. I'm glad to hear everything is going well with your baby girl. I'm having a boy...a little bummed at first, but hey...it's a baby we've been waiting for for almost a year...we'll take what we can get. We can try for a girl later :) Good luck...I LOVE reading your website. I'm only about 4 weeks behind you. It is getting VERY exciting too!!

Jennifer said...

I also understand about the furniture. We also picked something a bit more pricy than originally intended, but we loved it and it's convertible, so it should last until Grace moves out of the house! We ordered it at about 20 weeks though, so even though it took 12 weeks to arrive, we still had plenty of time.

About the baby's size. Great if she's small, but if not...epidural! Trust me, it was heaven when I pushed out my 8lb 11oz baby girl!