Friday, June 17, 2005

Mystery Solved...

Okay, I figured out who sent the gift from our registry so early. It became clear to me on Wednesday.

My mom was bugging me about where the out-of-town guests are going to stay for my baby shower on July 23. First of all, it was her idea to even invite out-of-town guests but, now it's suddenly my responsiblity to figure out where they will stay while here. So, one particularly anal cousin has already booked her flight and has been emailing my mom about details of hotels. My mom then aggravates me about it. I got a little annoyed with the Wednesday email because my mom had a bit of an attitude in it. I basically told her to look on the Internet for hotels and leave me alone. She writes back and says that they want to stay near the shower site not near my house so they need the address for the shower. First, I tell her that the invitations will be there next week, which is plenty of time to find a hotel based on what's in the invitations. Then I have to explain to her that it makes absolutely no sense to stay near the shower site! Houston is HUGE and the shower is about 45 minutes from my house, which means I wouldn't see any of them all weekend except during the shower. My mom wrote back, asking where they should stay in Houston to be near shopping and close enough to my house and the shower site. Why must I play the city hostess when it wasn't even my idea to invite my family from the backwoods of Mississippi!?!?

So, as annoying as that was - it occurred to me that it was my anal cousin who had already purchased a gift for us! I was right - it was delivered yesterday. My husband was disappointed that I opened it before he got home from work - how cute...

No comments: