Thursday, February 21, 2008

02-23-1979

My birthday is on Saturday. I'll be 29. For some reason, that sounds just a little older than I think I should be. In my head, I'm not a day over 24 or something young like that. Several things, however, have happened in the past week or so that lead me to believe that maybe I am getting just a little bit older:

  1. For my birthday, I'm going to someone else's birthday party. Only old people celebrate someone else's birthday on their own birthday.
  2. My child said, "Mama is going to be 29".
  3. Last week I had a conversation with my mom in which she went on and on about how LONG she'd been married and 30 years (in March) was such a long time...yada, yada...I explained to her that I have been with my parents all but 11 months of that time. She giggled and said, "I guess I'm calling you old, huh?" Yes, my mom called me old.
  4. I had to renew my TX driver's license which, when I got it at age 22, I distinctly remember thinking that it would never expire because 2008 was SO FAR AWAY and I was going to be SO OLD by then (my new license expires in 2014 - on my 35th bithday - something tells me that'll go by faster than I think).
  5. In Subway the other day, the guy making my pizza (I'm so excited that the Subway closest to my building on campus sells pizza!) looked at me like I was crazy when I was telling him all about how it doesn't seem like it's already been 10 years since Jared's massive weight loss. He actually said, "But that was like, what, 1998 or something?" Umm, yeah.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about my birthday because Jayla and I have plans to buy a birthday cake and wear party hats! She's been talking about it for weeks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
xo

Anonymous said...

Happy 29th! I can't wait for this day every year.... for just a few short weeks, we are the same age!