Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lapped

The weather was irresistably beautiful today, so Jayla and I went out for a walk. We ended up stopping by some friends' house. These friends are the same age as my husband and I - except they have four children. A 13-year-old, a 12-year-old, an 11-year-old, and an 8-month old! And guess what - yep - she's pregnant again. Last year when we found out they were pregnant, we had run into them in Target and I just kept kidding with them about how close they were to being empty nesters and how they had reset all of their time by getting pregnant again. Well, with this fifth child, my husband said, "Well, they were way ahead of us, then started all over again and have now lapped us."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont' think you were lapped. I think they are in a different race altogether! They are in the Olympics, you run JV track in high school.