Monday, February 25, 2008

Half Birthdays

I have two dear friends whose birthdays flank mine. The three of us were born on February 22, February 23, and February 24 of the same year. And since we’ve known each other our entire lives, birthday time has always been fun for us. It was so much fun that in middle school, we used to celebrate our half birthdays. And yes, on August 22, August 23, and August 24, we wished each other a “Happy Half Birthday”.

Those of you playing along at home know that Jayla was born on August 24 (AKA Sara’s half birthday!). I am convinced that she did that to spite me because I thought it would be cool to share a birthday with my child. August 24 is exactly 26 weeks after my birthday which means it is exactly as far away from my birthday as you can possibly get (except during leap year, I guess). But, now that I know Jayla, I understand that it is just in her nature to do things her own way.

However, since I continue to make a big deal out of my birthday, I must also acknowledge that my sweet little baby celebrated her half birthday yesterday. She is officially 2.5 going on 25 now. In honor of that milestone, I present three years of Jayla’s half birthdays in pictures (actually taken on my birthday each year but, you know - close enough...):

Jayla at 6 months -

Jayla at 18 months -

Jayla at 30 months -

1 comment:

Crystal said...

She is SO cute!